The College of Design academic advisors collaborate with students to help them achieve personal goals, academic potential, and professional success. Our approach to advising is student-centered, caring, holistic, inclusive, and culturally aware. Our advisors provide a safe, respectful, and confidential space in which to ask questions, discuss your interests, and express any concerns.
The College of Design Student Services provides academic advising for all undergraduates in the College of Design. Four full-time professional advisors and peer advisors are available to work with all of our majors and minors, as well as prospective and exploring students.
Graduate students may seek help from their corresponding department advising team.
Our professional and peer advisors can help you to:
- Connect to other resources and/or support services across campus
- Understand and effectively explain UO degree requirements
- Assist and support you in making decisions about courses and majors
- Make effective referrals to help you successfully navigate the UO
- Encourage your sustained engagement in student and campus life to enhance the value of your college experience and to develop interpersonal and leadership skills
Work With an Advisor
Special Note Regarding Remote Advising: The success of our College of Design community is our main priority. Though we are not currently holding in-person advising appointments, we are working remotely Monday–Friday to continue to advise and assist students.
To make an appointment or contact us with questions, please book an appointment online or chat with an advisor. For questions that do not require an appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 541-346-2621. We expect a high volume of inquiries and will respond as soon as possible.