The College of Design is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive community, increasing access, and enhancing the student experience.
College of Design Fellow for Diversity
Working closely with the dean’s office and college leadership team, the College of Design Dean’s Fellow for Diversity plays a significant role in designing and leading strategic initiatives, including implementing the College’s Diversity Action Plan. The position leads the college's Equity and Inclusion Committee and manages an annual budget of $5,000 to support diversity and inclusion projects and initiatives.
Equity and Inclusion Committee
The College of Design Equity and Inclusion Committee implements and updates the College of Design Diversity Action Plan, and is charged with reviewing and maintaining policies and practices affecting equity, inclusion, and diversity in the College of Design.
- Gerardo Sandoval (Committee Chair), College of Design Dean's Fellow for Diversity and Associate Professor in the School of Planning, Public Policy and Management
- Ben Clark, Associate Professor, School of Planning, Public Policy and Management
- Jovencio De La Paz, Assistant Professor, Department of Art
- Keith Eggener, Professor, Department of the History of Art and Architecture
- Shaun Haskins, Staff, History of Art and Architecture and School of Planning, Public Policy and Management
- Jenny Young, Professor, Department of Architecture
- Arturo Zavala, Staff, College of Design Student Services
Diversity Action Plan
The College of Design Diversity Action Plan was developed with input from community members across the college. The plan provides 25 tactics for the next 3 years, as well as 3 university tactics.