Work with an Advisor
Our approach to advising is student-centered, caring, holistic, inclusive, and culturally aware. Our advisors provide a safe, respectful, and confidential space in which to ask questions, discuss your interests, and express any concerns.
Meet with one of our professional career advisors to build a bridge from your academics to the workforce or wherever your post-graduation plans might take you. We can help you to identify your interests and values, explore career options, develop application tools such as résumés and portfolios, practice your interview skills, and search for internships and jobs. While many students think of seeking assistance from career services towards the end of their degree program, we work with students from their first through their final year to support students as they explore, prepare for, and engage with the career development process.
Our professional academic advisors collaborate with you to help you reach your personal goals, realize your academic potential, and experience professional success. We can assist you with understanding UO degree requirements and making decisions about courses and majors. We may also connect you with other resources and/or support services across campus and make effective referrals to help you successfully navigate the UO. We also encourage your sustained engagement in student and campus life to enhance the value of your college experience and to foster development of interpersonal and leadership skills.
We offer academic advising for all undergraduates in the College of Design. Three full-time professional advisors and peer advisors are available to work with all of our majors and minors, as well as prospective and exploring students. Graduate students may seek help from their corresponding department advising team.
Schedule Your Advising Appointment
Current UO students with an active Duck ID can self-schedule academic advising appointments online. We offer both in-person (Lawrence Hall 198) and Virtual (Zoom videoconferencing) appointments. See instructions below on how to self-schedule.
Non-UO students can request an advising appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Open the navigate app (recommended), or visit uo.campus.eab.com
- Log in with your Duck ID
- Select "Schedule Appointment”
- Select "Academic and Career Advising"
- Select “College of Design” as the college or department
- Under "College of Design Academic Advising” or “College of Design Internship & Career Advising", select the appointment topic of your choice
- Pick a Date that works for you, and then click on “Find Available Time”
- Next, you will be presented with the following options to filter your appointment: “Staff”, “How would you like to meet? (virtual or in-person)”, or “Location”
- Select a date/time that works best for you
- Once you reach Review Appointment Details and Confirmation page, Select email and/or text reminder. Verify that your phone number is correct for the Text Reminder
- Click “Schedule”
- Success! You will receive an appointment confirmation email with either details of your In-person appointment location (LA 198) or Virtual (Zoom) meeting link