Work with an Advisor
Our approach to advising is student-centered, caring, holistic, inclusive, and culturally aware. Our advisors provide a safe, respectful, and confidential space in which to ask questions, discuss your interests, and express any concerns.
Meet with one of our professional career advisors to build a bridge from your academics to the workforce or wherever your post-graduation plans might take you. We can help you to identify your interests and values, explore career options, develop application tools such as résumés and portfolios, practice your interview skills, and search for internships and jobs. While many students think of seeking assistance from career services towards the end of their degree program, we work with students from their first through their final year to support students as they explore, prepare for, and engage with the career development process.
Our professional academic advisors collaborate with you to help you reach your personal goals, realize your academic potential, and experience professional success. We can assist you with understanding UO degree requirements and making decisions about courses and majors. We may also connect you with other resources and/or support services across campus and make effective referrals to help you successfully navigate the UO. We also encourage your sustained engagement in student and campus life to enhance the value of your college experience and to foster development of interpersonal and leadership skills.
We offer academic advising for all undergraduates in the College of Design. Three full-time professional advisors and peer advisors are available to work with all of our majors and minors, as well as prospective and exploring students. Graduate students may seek help from their corresponding department advising team.
Schedule an Appointment with an Advisor
Academic and Career advising appointments can be self-scheduled online. We offer both in-person (Lawrence Hall 198) and Virtual (Zoom videoconferencing) appointments. See instructions below on how to self-schedule or use the Chat with an Advisor function.
If you are unable to access self-scheduling or the advisor chat, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 541-346-2621. We expect a high volume of inquiries and will respond as soon as possible.
- Open the navigate app (recommended), or visit uo.campus.eab.com
- Log in with your Duck ID
- Select "Appointments" and then select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select "Academic and Career Advising"
- Select "College of Design Academic Advising” or “College of Design Career Advising" and select a topic of your appointment.
- Click on "Find Available Time”
- Select a day and time that works for you
- On the next page, scroll down until you see “How you would like to meet?” and then Select In-Person or Virtual (Teams/Zoom)
- Select email and/or text reminder. Verify that your phone number is correct for the Text Reminder
- Click “Schedule”
- Success! You will receive an appointment confirmation email with either details of your In-person appointment location (LA 198) or Virtual (Zoom) meeting link