- Application Deadline: January 15
- Application Fee: None
- Application Decision: You will receive notification by email from the director within approximately two weeks after the application deadline.
If you are officially enrolled in a UO graduate program, you may apply to pursue the certificate. Students who are applying for the Graduate Certificate in Museum Studies must fill out the online application form. You will be asked to provide the following:
- A brief statement of interest explaining how the GCMS program fits into your field of specialization and career goals
- A Department/Program Statement of Support form signed by your academic advisor or department/program head approving your participation in the certificate program
- Graduate School Graduate Certificate Declaration form
Please attach the two forms to your online application. The Department/Program Statement of Support form must be signed by either your academic advisor or department/program head. Your application is not complete without the approval from your department.
Once the application form is submitted and reviewed, we will notify the Graduate School of your enrollment in the certificate program on your behalf.
With the approval of the certificate director, students may begin taking courses toward the GCMS requirements prior to their formal acceptance into the certificate, with the exception of DSGN604: Internship.
If you have any questions, please contact the certificate director.
Graduating with the Certificate
In order to graduate with the certificate, a student must apply to graduate no later than Friday of Week 2 in the term of graduation. It is highly recommended that you consult the certificate director prior to filing your application to graduate to make sure that you have satisfied all of the requirements for the certificate.
Once your application is processed, the certificate director will receive a request to confirm that you have successfully satisfied all the requirements for the certificate.
For general information about pursuing a graduate certificate at the University of Oregon, including important policies, procedures, and deadlines, please visit the Graduate School's Pursuing a Graduate Certificate webpage.