Art History minors explore world history, culture, and society through art and architecture. Students and faculty maintain deep connections with the university's broad research community through long-standing collaborations with the museums and research units across campus. Through object-based learning, we celebrate cultural differences and the colorful spectrum of human creativity and expression. Become a true global citizen as you develop skills in appreciating visual and material culture.
Degree Requirements (26 credits minimum)
- 3 Lower-Division Art History Courses
- 4 Upper-Division Art History Courses
- 26 total combined credits (minimum)
- At least 20 credits must be completed in residence at the University of Oregon (non-transfer courses).
- All Art History courses required for the minor must be taken for letter grades and must be passed with a C- or better.
3 Lower-Division Art History Courses
Any 100- or 200-level ARH courses, or ARH 314 and/or 315 (History of World Architecture I and II).
4 Upper-Division Art History Courses
Any 300- or 400-level ARH courses (except ARH 314 and 315, which cannot be used as upper-division courses).