Career Exploration Tools
Our office uses a wide range of exercises and tools to help you gain confidence in creating your future.
The following exercises can help you learn more about yourself including your interests, skills, values, and personality. Understanding who you are and what you want is the foundation of the job and internship search process. Complete the following exercises to gain a stronger sense of yourself. You are also welcome to explore these topics by scheduling an appointment or attending a workshop with a career advisor.
- Imagine Your Future and Explore Your Past
- Identify Your Skills
- Prioritize Your Values
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: Our advisors are certified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), which we offer at no cost to you. We'll guide you through an in-depth analysis of your assessment results and discuss with you how your personality preferences can inform your career choices. (Currently not available while classes are offered remotely.)
Looking for Career Ideas?
Meet with a career advisor to talk about your interests, explore options, and learn strategies to move you toward your future career goals. Our knowledgeable advisors are passionate about helping students develop and strengthen their skills to identify, find, and pursue job and internship opportunities.
Students come to us for help with:
- Résumé, cover letter, and portfolio development
- Internship and job search assistance
- Graduate school applications
- Interview preparation and practice
- Guidance with negotiating offers for employment
- Self-assessment including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Career-path exploration
- Developing a career action plan
To make an appointment, schedule online:
- Open the navigate app (recommended), or visit uo.campus.eab.com
- Log in with your Duck ID
- Go to "Appointments—Schedule an Appointment"
- Select "Academic and Career Advising"
- Select “College of Design Career Advising"
- Select the topic of your appointment
- Select " College of Design Student Services" (again)
- Select an advisor (leave blank)
- Select a day and time that works for you
- Select email and/or text reminder
- Select "Confirm Appointment"